Sunday, August 19, 2012

Today's lesson learned

Coldplay "The Scientist" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdBym7kv2IM&feature=related

Loving someone does not guarantee that the relationship will be functional.

Without airing my dirty laundry too much, I always think I've fully learned this lesson and yet I keep getting hit by this every now and then and it's the same result every single time. I talked about the definition of addiction with a friend recently as the idea of continuing the same behaviour despite its negative effects. I don't know if that's the case here too (with respect to being addicted to the way a person treats you), but it could very well be. Actually, coming to think of it, Einstein defined insanity as doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results, so perhaps I am insane. I just know that once again, my tranquility has been disrupted and that I have been hit with this lesson again and now I must learn because I very deeply feel the exigency of time bearing on my back to move on and I am getting restless with this pattern and do not want to perpetuate this any further.

I took a picture today of the sunset and I think this is a photo where nature has mimicked the reality of my life at the moment. For those of you in Boston, where were you/what were you doing when this was happening in the sky? Did you notice?

No comments:

Post a Comment