Wednesday, October 31, 2012

A happy Halloween poem!

No musical theme today either...if I have time next weekend I'll make an audio recording of my poem with spooky sounds.

In honor of the Halloween festivities I will write a poem about the many things I find scary. Boo.

'twas the night of the 'ween!
The evening of all hallows!
As I lay in half slumber,
fearing the diet I start tomorrow.

"No cookies!" they say
Cakes and chocos? Out of question!
Nothing savory, nothing packaged
"Try some flackers" was the suggestion.

Tonight the dreams turn into nightmares of insects, rodents, birds, and massages.
Yucky mold and mildew, and dust that covers all visages.

Kidnappers, burglars, stalkers and bandits.
Ghosts, goblins, witches and all those spooky spirits.

Escalators, shaky trains
Going gray from my growing pains.
Getting shorter, getting smaller
The MCAT, AMCAS, and med school soon to follow.
"Oh forget it!" I exclaimed. The diet can wait for after tomorrow!

Happy Halloween! Stay safe during trick-o-treating!


No comments:

Post a Comment